Settlement Workers In Schools Program
The Settlement Worker in Schools (SWIS) program is a partnership between the Humboldt Regional Newcomer Centre, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Horizon School Division, the Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division and Englefeld Protestant Separate School Division. This program aims to ease the settlement process for kids in school.
We assist with the following...
- School Registration Process
- Provide support to the students as they transition into a new school system
- Arrange student/parent meetings, including 3-way conferences
- Bridging the gap between home and school communication
- Provide interpreter/translator services
- Family support as needed
- Registration for extracurricular activities
- Promote cultural sensitivity in the school and community
- Connect families with resources & services in the community
For more information contact Tracy or Odessa at 306.682.4277
Healthy Eating for Children
SWIS Educational Links
- Horizon Division
- Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division - St. Augustine
- Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division - St. Dominic Schools
- Englefeld Protestant Separatist School Division
Education from Kindergarten to Grade 12 is free.
Postsecondary - please see the Postsecondary Education link under Community Services.